Missing In Action!
Describe the missing person
- Unmarried, undetermined gender, about as old as the human race,
around 5 feet 5 inches, black hair, black eyes, shy, nods head to say
yes AND no :) Responds to the name - Innovation.
Characteristics of Innovation
- Usually is something that adds value
- Could be something new
- Might be an answer to a problem
- Starts with an intent
- Needs to be looked at with a birds eye view
- Is about the 'why' not the 'what'
- Is also about the 'why not'
- Needs a suitable environment to thrive
- Needs lots of love and involvement, usually moody
- Innovation is all around us
- Innovation is human nature
Why is Innovation Missing?
- Lack of management support
- Needs a strong foundation
- Needs courage to speak up
- Innovation has cultural overtures
- Suffers from "what-do-others-think-about-my-idea-syndrome"
- Being treated for Atychiphobia (Fear of Failure)
- Recently diagnosed with "Happy-with-status-quo virus"
How do we find Innovation?
- Encouraging the spark called courage
- Remember that anyone can innovate
- Innovation can be incremental or disruptive
- Innovation needs persistence
- Innovation needs to be proto typed
- Needs a user base for the innovation
- If you can help people find the answer to WIIFM, you are probably close to finding the missing person
- Remember to seek and accept all the help available and take action!
- Innovation starts with me/you
Last Seen: On Friday, 5th December, at 5 PM at Mugdha's discussion on Innovation at STC India 2014.
If you have any information about the whereabouts of innovation, tweet location to #STCIndia2014